This guide assumes:
- You already have a windows device setup and configured as desired.
- You have Chrome installed (you may have to convert the tablet from S mode into regular Windows)
- Download the driver for the printer being used and run it
- Connect Printer to tablet if it isn’t already
- Restart the tablet
- Go to Control panel, then Devices and Printers
- Right-click the printer being used and select “Set as Default Printer”
- Go to “ https://[SubDomain].adminosaur.com/admin “ replacing the subdomain for the one specific to your church
- Go to the Nametags settings ‘Configuration’ tab and set the width of the labels for the printer being used. 54mm for Dymo 25mmx54mm (11352) labels and 90mm for Brother DK-11201 labels. Press Save.
- Go to Nametags, Select a service and print a name tag. When the print dialogue opens check that the correct printer is selected and change the layout to landscape. Open “more settings” and set the Margins to “None”. Now press print.
Please note that if you connect a different printer to the tablet you need to change the printer in the print dialogue as it will try print to the printer you previously had connected.
- Create a new Shortcut for Chrome. Place the shortcut on the desktop of the device. You will need to use this shortcut to open chrome in the future, otherwise the printing won’t work correctly
- Right-click on the Shortcut, Select “Properties”
- Add the following text into the ‘Target’ field, inserting in the subdomain for your church: –kiosk-printing –kiosk “https://[SubDomain].adminosaur.com/nametags/service/select”
The target should already include something like “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”, and will now have the text you added as well
The ‘–kiosk-printing’ flag automatically accepts the print dialogue when it appears, and the ‘–kiosk’ flag opens the browser in fullscreen kiosk mode.